Monday, May 16, 2005

Grass growing. Day one!




Obviously this isn't the first day of grass growing but the other days were so boring it wasn't worth investigating. Anyway as we can see here the ground is 90% + mud. The plants were added and nothing (besides weeds and 2 apple trees) has grown in this garden for years. The grass is in clumps or patches so far but will hopefully spread somewhat. As you can see from the photo the mud is covered in stones and crap. The grass is gonna have a tough job fighting against all that.

After taking this photo I removed 2 weeds from up by the wall. I stumbled across a whole maze of chunky weed roots whilst removing. Not good. I could dig up all the grass to get to these roots but I'd not have grass this year. I'll just have to weed daily.

I also added some strange plant from a pot in the top right hand corner of the above picture. Plus some partially grown bulbs from a pot in the kitchen.

Heres an awesome extreme close up:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home